Asian restaurants

Directly above shot of a lunch served on black table with chopsticks and a glass of whiskey. Top view of vegan Asian cuisine served on a table.

Did you know there are a lot of Asian restaurants in Kamloops? Most Asian restaurants in town are inspired by JapanπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, ChinaπŸ‡¨πŸ‡³, and KoreaπŸ‡°πŸ‡·. They are servicing a variety of food, but I find a common food which most restaurants are providing.

It’s SUSHI🍣.

Sushi is a Japanese traditional food but because of its popularity all kinds of Asian restaurants in Kamloops are serving sushi. Sushi here is a bit different than authentic Japanese sushi because it is Americanized. However if you want to try authentic Japanese sushi “ SUSHI MURA” will give you the best opportunity to experience the food.

Look at this menu is MASSIVE. If you are indecisive person it will take forever to decide what you get.

I evaluated the store based on: accessibility, cost, taste, and, service. Also, I asked an employee some questions about SUSHI MURA. He is gonna tell you a hidden tip, so you don’t want to miss it.

🚘ACCESSIBILITY 🚘

4/5 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†

If you are living near TRU, SUSHI MURA is located just in front of TRU.

SUSHI MURA has a lot of parking spaces so you don’t need worry about it. If you don’t have a car there is a bus station just across the street.

πŸ’°COST πŸ’°

3/5 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†

Average prices per person use

Lunch 15$

Dinner 24$

It a bit pricy if you are a student, but it is reasonable for workers. I am a student so to me it is expensive, so that’s why I rate 3 out of 5 if I am a worker I will rate 5 out of 5.

🍴Taste 🍴

5/5 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Taste of sushi just remind me of Japan. California or some kinds of rolls are popular overseas, but NIGIRI is the king of sushi. This is what Asians image when someone ask them about it.

SUSHI MURA also have stir noodles, soup, and salads, so you should try them. Those tastes are as good as sushi.

πŸ’β€β™€οΈServiceπŸ’β€β™‚οΈ

2/5 β˜…β˜…β˜†β˜†β˜†

They are open 11am-9:30pm. Unfortunately, they don’t open morning…

All employees are friendly, but this place is always busy. It usually takes some times they ask you to take orders. The employe usually give me a suggestion when I can’t decide what I will order. Also, sometime it takes time to be your food ready. They need to hire more people. However, other than that employees are nice .

INTERVIEW

I asked a few questions about SUSHI MURA to James who has been working there for a half year. I did audio interview this time and lets see why SUSHI MURA is popular from an employee point of view.

1. What is the most popular food at SUSHI MURA?

2. What makes SUSHI MURA popular?

3. How are SUSHI MURA getting ahead of other Asian restaurants in Kamloops?

According to him, spider roll is the popular meal at SUSHI MURA and location makes the place well known. Also he said that their service makes difference with other Asian stores.

Customer’s opinion πŸ—£

I asked a random customer some questions; How often do you come here?How did you know SUSHI MURA? Do you want to come again?

Hanna, she is form Vietnam answered these questions for me. She was actually a regular customer and goes SUSHI MURA twice a month. First time she came here was her friend’s birthday party, and she was impressed the taste of food. This time she was trying a rainbow roll, and looked like it. She recommends everyone go to here and will definitely come again.

πŸ”₯HIDDEN TIP πŸ”₯

Most people don’t know, but if you are a TRU student and show one of the employee your student card, you will get⚑️ 10 % ⚑️discount.

SUSHI MURA is definitely worth-visiting restaurant in Kamloops, and you can experience authentic Asian food especially sushi. Because of COVID, you have to prove your vaccination if you want to use dining in, but they are doing take-out !!!!! SUSHI MURA is friendly for everyone. Try it once, and see what you feel. I promise you will LIKE it.